Dangote Cement Plc is the biggest quoted company in West Africa and among Forbes Global 2000 Companies. The Company currently has several cement production plants in Nigeria in addition to presence in 17 other African countries.
To consolidate its current strategic expansion drive and as part of its growing vision. Dangote Cement Plc is seeking to recruit about 2000 candidates for the vacant position below in its Transport Division:
Job Title: Senior Transport Operations Manager
Job Location: Nigeria
- In the role of Senior Transport Manager you will be responsible for managing the transportation department or unit. Hires, trains, and supervises employees and manages scheduling of trucks.
- Oversee transportation department, including its assets and employees.
- Manages the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project management and planning, project team, and line management.
- Ensure customer goods move from production through the supply chain to the end user.
- Establish quality transportation services.
- Develop partnerships with self collection customers.
- Plan and implement budgets.
- Supervise scheduling of truck movement.
The eligible candidate should have:
- Ability to operate effectively in a high volume service driven transport operation
- Strong understanding of current transport system, concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Strong organizing and time management skills
- Good interpersonal relationship skills and communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- In-depth understanding of the trends, challenges, opportunities, regulations and legislations relating to the cement manufacturing industry,
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the macro and micro environmental trends and their impact on the organization.
- Excellent knowledge of the products and service offerings of Dangote Cement P.L.C.
- Very good negotiation and relationship management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
Educational qualification & Experience:
The ideal candidate should posses as minimum requirement:
- Bachelor's degree in Transport and Logistics.
- Master’s degree with specialization in Transport and Logistics.
- Minimum of 20 years of related experience with at least 10 years specific experience in transport.
Application Closing Date:
6th June, 2016.
Where to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV’s and application to:email@example.com Specify the position you are applying for as subject of the mail e.g job title: Senior Transport Operations Manager
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.