Dangote Cement Plc. is the biggest quoted company in West Africa and among Forbes Global 2000 Companies. The Company currently has several cement production plants in Nigeria in addition to presence in 17 other African countries.
To consolidate its current strategic expansion drive and as part of its growing vision. Dangote Cement Plc. is seeking to recruit about 2000 candidates for the vacant position below in its Transport Division:
Job Position: Transport Maintenance Manager
- This position will manage and lead a team of people in allocating workload and managing the day to day operations in the workshop.
- It requires the job holder to co-ordinate resources and liaise with internal and external key contacts to ensure work is delivered on time arid to a quality standard.
- Responsible for job allocation and job flow in the workshop including job scheduling and labour allocation for day to day operations.
- Co-ordinate resources, (operational and human) schedules and activities to effectively manage jobs.
- Ensure supplies are ordered for each job.
- Assist with quoting, project management, materials purchasing and quality checks.
- Ensure correct job numbers are used and that time records are correct.
- Provide oversight and cheek job estimates.
- Manage inward goods, checking quantities, dispatching goods and receipting Invoices
- Regularly report progress on each job and quickly communicate delays or concerns with the Director- Operations.
The eligible candidate should have:
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with people at various levels from shop floor to senior management
- Can look beyond the initial customer enquiry and identify other business opportunities
- CAD drawing skills are an advantage but not essential
- Project management experience
- People management skills computer literacy with Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word and Excel
Educational Qualification & Experience:
The ideal candidate should possess as minimum requirement:
- Degree in Business Administration or in a technical field, Bachelor's degree in related field preferred;
- Minimum 15 years of experience in a similar role;
- At least 5 years specific experience in transport.
Job Application Deadline:
6th June, 2016.
Where to Apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and application to:firstname.lastname@example.org Specify the position you are applying for as subject of the mail e.g job title: Transport Maintenance Manager.
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted.