The Federal Government of Nigeria has designed the N-Power Programme to drastically reduce youth unemployment. N-Power is also linked to the Federal Government’s policies in the economic, employment and social development arenas. The modular programmes under N-Power will ensure that each participant will learn and practice most of what is necessary to find or create work. Some of these graduates will also help in actualising Nigeria’s economic and strategic aspirations of achieving food security and self-sufficiency.
N-Power will also be a platform for diversifying the economy. N-Power is preparing young Nigerians for a knowledge economy where, equipped with world-class skills and certification, they become innovators and movers in the domestic and global markets.
N-Power also focuses on providing our non-graduates with relevant technical and business skills that enhance their work outlook and livelihood.
Applications are hereby invited for the position below:
Job Title: N-Power Knowledge Programme (N-Power Tech Hardware)
Start Date: 1st August
Duration: 3 Months
Certification: Industry Grade Certification, National Skills Qualification
N-Power Knowledge Programme
The N-Power Knowledge programme is the Federal Government’s first step towards diversifying to a knowledge economy. This programme will work alongside the planned eight innovation hubs across the country to provide incubation and acceleration of the technology and creative industries. The programme is a ‘Training to Jobs’ initiative, essentially ensuring that participants can get engaged in the marketplace in an outsourcing capacity, as freelancers, as employees and as entrepreneurs.
To empower at least 10,000 computer device technicians into the ICT Industry:
- The N-Power Tech. for device technicians program will train and facilitate tooling for at least 10,000 technicians to boost the device servicing and manufacturing industry. The output of this program will serve as a critical catalyst for the expansion of local capacity to service and produce mobile phones, tablets, computers and other relevant devices to serve the local and international market.
- Participants will undergo a hands-on training experience wherein they will be exposed to practical processes and tools to assemble and repair devices of varying specifications. At the end often program, participants will be armed with the requisite technical skills to service devices in there local communities as well as work in a device assembly plant.
- The program will take 3 months of training and 1 month of assessment, graduation and setup. Participants will be advised on opportunities to acquire tools to practise.
- Device Technician
- Assembly Plant Technician
- Device network technician
- Device maintenance
Course Details - Core Employability Skills
- Competencies/Learning Strategies:
- Writing and presenting written and verbal reports
- Role Plays
- Working in groups
- Team or group projects
- Learning sets
- Group discussion
- Communities of practice
- Case studies
- Investigative projects and research
- Using various problem solving tools and techniques
- Developing or designing models
- Problem solving in teams and networks
- Decision making activities
Initiative & Enterprise:
- Brainstorming activities
- Designing innovative and creative practices and solutions
- Initiating change/design change processes
- Simulation activities
Planning and Organizing:
- Research and data collection
- Developing action plans
- Planning and organizing events
- Time management activities
- Goal setting activities and scheduling tasks
- Collecting and analyzing information
- Development of portfolios
- Work plans
- Using log books to record time management skills and monitor own performance
- Career planning exercises
- Reflective journals log books, diaries
- Mentoring and coaching activities
- Self-evaluation tools
- Using the Internet, Intranets
- Using ICT skills to complete activities
- Industry relevant software, technology and equipment
Mobile Phone Maintenanance Courses:
- Mobile phone history, system types and features, basic circuit
- The features of OS, Android, IOS and Symbian OS.
- Mobile phone repairing tools introduction
- Electronic parts knowledge, fault judgment and replacement
- Basic knowledge of circuit: The voltage, current, resistance, frequency, wave
- The common feature phone function and structure diagram and block diagram.
- The common smart phone function and structure diagram and block diagram.
- Analysis of unit circuit and the common faults of smart phone
- Introduction to unit circuit and the common failure analysis on feature phone
- Smart phone fault types and diagnosis.
- The feature phone fault types and rapid diagnosis.
- Smart phone system software troubleshooting
- Feature phone system software troubleshooting.
PC Maintenance Courses:
- History of PC Development
- Kinds of computer operating Systems: Windowsï¼ŒLinux .
- Assembly, disassembly and maintenance of Desktop, notebook, and precautions .
- Introduction to common tools to computer repair .
- The major components of computer knowledge and judgment and replacement technique .
- The average desktop block diagram
- The average notebook block diagram
- Time order on a desktop.
- Introduction and common breakdown analysis of desktop unit circuit (start from circuit, explain the related breakdown of the circuit)
- Time order for a notebook.
- Introduction and common breakdown analysis of notebook unit circuit (start from circuit, explain the related breakdown of the circuit)
- BIOS update, setting, programmer brush-write
- Hardware-non- detect and repair methods of PCB breakdown (water penetration and lightning strike)
- Fault types and diagnosis of desktop (start from breakdown, analyze related circuit quickly)
- Breakdown and repair of Computer systems application.
- N-Power aspires to provide a platform where most Nigerians can access skills acquisition and development. At this time however, the initial modular programmes in N-Power are designed for Nigerian citizens between the ages of 18 and 35.
- You will need to meet the minimum requirements (if any) for your respective programme. Generally, selection is based:
- On your expression of a genuine interest in whichever area you decide;
- Passing the relevant tests;
- Your willingness to push yourself beyond your comfort zone; and
- Ability to show a flair to develop all the skills you need to be the best you can be.
- While there are fixed requirements along the way, we will be relying on you to take ownership of the process and take the lead in shaping your route, by making the most of the training that you will receive.
- For the purposes of N-Power, Graduate means having a minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Bachelors Degree from a higher institution.
- Unemployed graduates or non graduates
- Must be between 18-35 years old
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to undertake self-tutorship
Method of Application
Only interested and qualified candidates should: