The Federal Government of Nigeria has designed the N-Power Programme to drastically reduce youth unemployment. N-Power is also linked to the Federal Government’s policies in the economic, employment and social development arenas. The modular programmes under N-Power will ensure that each participant will learn and practice most of what is necessary to find or create work. Some of these graduates will also help in actualising Nigeria’s economic and strategic aspirations of achieving food security and self-sufficiency.
N-Power will also be a platform for diversifying the economy. N-Power is preparing young Nigerians for a knowledge economy where, equipped with world-class skills and certification, they become innovators and movers in the domestic and global markets.
N-Power also focuses on providing our non-graduates with relevant technical and business skills that enhance their work outlook and livelihood.
Applications are hereby invited for the position below:
Job Title: N-Power Knowledge Programme (N-Power Tech Software)
Start Date: 1st August
Duration: 3 Months
Certification: Industry Grade Certification, National Skills Qualification
N-Power Knowledge Programme
The N-Power Knowledge programme is the Federal Government’s first step towards diversifying to a knowledge economy. This programme will work alongside the planned eight innovation hubs across the country to provide incubation and acceleration of the technology and creative industries. The programme is a ‘Training to Jobs’ initiative, essentially ensuring that participants can get engaged in the marketplace in an outsourcing capacity, as freelancers, as employees and as entrepreneurs.
To empower 10,000 Software Developers into the ICT Industry:
- The N-Power Tech for developers programme will train, tool and position 10,000 hands-on software developers for the local and international software development market. Participants will undergo a project based model to training wherein they will be exposed to foundational software development tools as well as resources to thrive as a modern day software developer entrepreneur.
- The programme will seek to establish the foundation knowledge, tools and platform upon which participants can pursue a career as software development entrepreneurs. Training will last 11 weeks and culminate with job fairs to link participants with placement opportunities within their respective localities. The programme will also offer a continuity platform to support participants with learning and engagement opportunities on a continuous basis. Participants will be enabled with a device to continue the practice and exploration of opportunities after training.
- App Developer
- Game Developer
- Web Developer
- Computer System Analyst
- Systems Software Developer
- Software Tester
Course Details - Core Employability Skills
- Competencies/Learning Strategies:
- Writing and presenting written and verbal reports
- Role Plays
- Working in groups
- Team or group projects
- Learning sets
- Group discussion
- Communities of practice
- Case studies
- Investigative projects and research
- Using various problem solving tools and techniques
- Developing or designing models
- Problem solving in teams and networks
- Decision making activities
Initiative & Enterprise:
- Brainstorming activities
- Designing innovative and creative practices and solutions
- Initiating change/design change processes
- Simulation activities
Planning and Organizing:
- Research and data collection
- Developing action plans
- Planning and organizing events
- Time management activities
- Goal setting activities and scheduling tasks
- Collecting and analyzing information
- Development of portfolios
- Work plans
- Using log books to record time management skills and monitor own performance
- Career planning exercises
- Reflective journals log books, diaries
- Mentoring and coaching activities
- Self-evaluation tools
- Using the Internet, Intranets
- Using ICT skills to complete activities
- Industry relevant software, technology and equipment
Introduction to Computer Science:
- What computer science is.
- What a computer scientist does.
- Basic computer science vocabulary.
- The core concepts in computer science.
- What programming is.
- Identify basic elements in computer programming
Introduction to Programming:
- The Python programming language.
- Variables, data types and control structures in Python.
- Functions and modules in Python.
- What data structures are.
Object Oriented Programming:
- Object Oriented Programming Concepts, Classes and Objects.
- Implementing Object Oriented Programming Concepts in Python.
- Design Patterns.
Data Structures and Algorithm:
- The different data structure classifications.
- Data structures in Python.
- The principles of algorithms.
- The importance of algorithms.
- Algorithm analysis.
- Algorithms and how they are implemented in Python.
Recursion/Sorting and Searching:
- What recursion is about.
- When to use recursive functions.
- Difference between recursion and iteration.
- How recursive functions in Python are written.
- The importance of sorting and searching in computer science.
- Different sorting and searching algorithms.
- Implement sorting and searching techniques in Python.
- What software engineering is about.
- What a computer software engineer does.
- The two main branches of software engineering
- The software development life-cycle.
- The different software development paradigms.
- What the internet is.
- Howt he internet works.
- Basic internet tools or concepts.
- The World Wide Web.
- Basics of HTTP.
- Use HTML and CSS to create web pages.
- Basics of MVC.
Introduction to Flask Web Programming:
- Understand how to build RESTful web services using Python and Flask.
- Designing a RESTful API
- Leverage on understanding of databases to be able to work with SQLite
- RESTful Authentication with flask
- Flask Deployment
Business of Software Consulting:
- Software Consulting as it relates to different industries.
- Difference between a company and a startup.
- How to get Capital.
- Market penetration strategies.
- Why should you keep your books.
- Company registration process.
- Basic Architectural design.
- Basic CRUD.
- App Deployment
- N-Power aspires to provide a platform where most Nigerians can access skills acquisition and development. At this time however, the initial modular programmes in N-Power are designed for Nigerian citizens between the ages of 18 and 35.
- You will need to meet the minimum requirements (if any) for your respective programme. Generally, selection is based:
- On your expression of a genuine interest in whichever area you decide;
- Passing the relevant tests;
- Your willingness to push yourself beyond your comfort zone; and
- Ability to show a flair to develop all the skills you need to be the best you can be.
- While there are fixed requirements along the way, we will be relying on you to take ownership of the process and take the lead in shaping your route, by making the most of the training that you will receive.
- For the purposes of N-Power, Graduate means having a minimum of a Higher National Diploma (HND) or a Bachelors Degree from a higher institution.
- Unemployed graduates or non graduates
- Must be between 18-35 years old
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to undertake self-tutorship
Method of Application
Only interested and qualified candidates should: