The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Resources Mobilization (Partnership Specialist), P-3
Job Number: 501694
Job Location: Abuja
Work Type: Fixed Term Staff
Purpose of the Position
- Works under the overall guidance of the Representative and specific guidance and supervision of the Deputy Representative.
- Responsible for the contribution management unit within the office, including donor liaison, donor proposals, partnerships management, reporting, and compliance with global directives on budgets and grants management.
Key Expected Results:
- Support the preparation/design and conduct/update of situation analysis for programmes and/or sector to ensure that current comprehensive and evidence based data on children issues are available to guide UNICEF's strategic policy advocacy, intervention and development efforts for setting priorities, strategies, design and implementation plans.
- Monitor and analyse humanitarian trends and new partnership opportunities in support of UNICEF humanitarian interventions. Together with the CO management, develop a fundraising & partnership strategy to inform potential funding opportunities, in close collaboration with the programme sections implement and manage fundraising activities.
- Enhance relationship with donors through setting up regular meetings between UNICEF management, the technical sections and existing/potential donors, phone calls, updates, briefing sessions, briefing notes and donor visits.
- Write up briefing notes, reports and information as needed by HQ/RO; Coordinate donors proposal, follow-up, facilitate meetings with donors, keep record, track progress and update the tracking matrix
- Liaise between technical sections, potential donors and inform of potential funding opportunities; Review, edit and finalize donor reports compilation, ensure quality and submission by the programme sections, quality and timeliness, in line with the standards and requirements of each and every specific donor
- Conceptualize and consolidate and monitor all aspects of resource mobilization with programme sections and field offices.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking funds for internal and external reporting on funding status and pipeline.
- Follow the developments globally in the field of fundraising securing access to cutting edge expertise within the area. Keep track of competitor performance in new media fundraising and analyze trends. Maintain a network of leading donors in the area.
- Facilitate the negotiation, consolidation and review of donor proposals in compliance with UNICEF standards and donors' requirements. Work with the Emergency Coordinator, CO management and programme teams to identify and facilitate well considered and coordinated funding requests for emergency response.
- Prepare comprehensive, analytical and substantive briefs, reports, statistics and other documentation for senior management meetings or trips involving humanitarian resource mobilization; and maintain a regular up-to-date resources mobilization related communication materials for sharing with donors and other partners at short notice.
Impact of Results:
- Decisions on appropriate use of language including the sensitivity of information included and nuance of word choices in documents, as well as selection of target audiences to be reached, all of which affect the reach of information and the external and internal image of the Country Programme.
- Enhance the COs capacity to mobilize more funds for Nigeria, maintain donors, and comply with donor conditionalities. Describe the type of recommendations regularly made and why these are important.
- Recommendations made about donor conditionality and compliance with global standards to maximize the benefits to children from grants.
- An Advanced University Degree in Marketing, Economics, Communication, Fundraising or Business Administration. Up to date knowledge of new media and fundraising. Other social science field is required.
- First university degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced University Degree.
- A minimum of 5 years progressively responsible professional work experience in communication, reporting, programme monitoring and evaluation. International level, some of which preferably in a developing country is required. Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
Competencies of Successful Candidate
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Leading and supervising (I)
- Formulating strategies and concepts (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Relating and networking (II)
- Deciding and Initiating action (I)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
Application Closing Date
7th December, 2016.
How to Apply
Note: The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.