Chevron Canada Limited (Upstream) has been active in Canada for more than 75 years. Since our arrival in Alberta in 1938, our company has established a proud legacy of exploration success, innovation and growth. And throughout this time, we have continued to support the communities where we live and work. As a result, we look optimistically to the future, as we pursue our vision to grow our core assets profitably and position Chevron for new legacy assets in frontier regions and emerging unconventional resource plays.
We are looking for a talented petroleum engineering intern to join our team of engineers, earth scientists, accountants and other professionals on the Kaybob Duvernay - Program Performance Team. Chevron Canada is targeting natural gas and natural gas liquids from the Duvernay shale formation in west-central Alberta, where the company holds approximately 330,000 net acres of exploration leases. In 2011, the company commenced a multi-well exploration program on these leases to assess reservoir performance and confirm proof of concept for production from this prospective wet shale gas play. Chevron Canada has been encouraged by the reservoir data and production performance achieved to date and is currently advancing an appraisal program to evaluate the potential for full-field commercial development.
This internship opportunity has a targeted duration of 12 months, beginning in May 2017.
Chevron recruitment 2017 is accepting online applications for the position of Petroleum Engineering Intern in Calgary, AB; Canada.
Job Title: Petroleum Engineering Intern
Job Location: Canada
Job Consideration: All countries can apply
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Work in a multi-discipline team to assess the uncertainties of the Duvernay reservoir, monitor competitor activity and perform studies to identify trends and potential performance improvement opportunities.
- Provide production engineering support to monitor well performance and optimize well performance.
- Support reservoir development planning efforts by developing forecasts and reserve estimates.
- Analyze recently drilled and completion wells once on production to evaluate completion effectiveness and any well interference effects.
- Support other Petroleum Engineers and Earth Scientists within the group with ad hoc requests and projects.
- Actively participate as a partner with peer Engineering and Operations teams to ensure personal & process safety, environmental, reliability, regulatory compliance, and business objectives are achieved.
- Pursuing Bachelors degrees in Petroleum, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Previous oil and gas related internship experience.
- Possess an above average level of understanding of the Exploration & Production Industry.
- Demonstrated high level of academic performance.
- Good communication, leadership, teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- Strong work ethic with internal drive to succeed.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- Promote the Chevron Corporate Values of Integrity, Trust, Diversity, Ingenuity, Partnership, Social Responsibility and High Performance.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- An innovative workplace where we apply the latest technologies to exploration, production and reservoir management.
- Hands on technical exposure which will expand your knowledge of the industry and accelerate your professional development.
- Training and hands-on exposure with Chevron proprietary applications.
- A potential for future opportunities for international assignments within Chevron’s large global asset base.
- An effective environment where integrity, diversity and teamwork is valued.
Application Deadline: Sunday, January 22, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)
How to Apply: