Chevron is one of the world's leading energy companies, with approximately 60,000 employees working in countries around the world. We explore, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market and distribute fuels and other energy products; manufacture and sell petrochemical products; generate power; and develop future energy resources, including biofuels and geothermal energy.
Chevron recruitment 2017 is accepting online applications for the position of Risk Control Analyst located in London / UK.
Job Title: Risk Control Analyst
Job Location: UK
Job Consideration: All countries can apply
Risk Control has support functions in the three major trading hubs; Houston, Singapore and London. Risk Control’s primary responsibility is to independently identify, measure, monitor and report the performance of Supply & Trading and ensure compliance with relevant policies.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Prepares accurate and timely daily management reports for volumetric exposure and mark-to-market profit & loss for Crude, Product and Gas trading desks. Provides meaningful commentary to Management highlighting the underlying reasons for position and P&L fluctuations.
- Identifies potential improvements to risk measurement models and analytical tools to enhance the analysis and monitoring of market risk exposure.
- Identifies trading activity that creates exceptional market risk or causes significant changes to trading risk profiles and alert management.
- Assists with the set-up of strategies, price curves, product locations and trading instruments in the trade capture systems.
- Provides training on Risk Control concepts to Traders and Trading Analysts.
- Performs analysis and reporting of commodity trading activities per established limits and controls. Where breaches are identified, report to Supply & Trading and Risk Control Management as required.
- Participates on various projects and initiatives.
- Performs user acceptance testing to ensure system enhancements are working as intended.
- Degree qualified in Economics/Finance or equivalent.
- Experience in the commodity trading industry and knowledge of Openlink Right Angle and Endur trading systems preferred.
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and across different time zones.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner at all levels across the organization.
- One to two years of experience in Risk Control concepts, Supply & Trading business or Trading systems (Openlink Right Angle or Endur) is desired
- Ability to perform analysis on large amounts of data and identify trends/issues quickly.
- Experience of modelling, Monte-Carlo simulation techniques, Greeks, pricing models, stress testing, VaR concepts.
Application Deadline: 11th January 2017 at 11:59 p.m.