Chevron is one of the world's leading integrated energy companies. Offering some of the most dynamic career opportunities in the industry, Chevron Australia – headquartered in Perth – leads the development of the Gorgon and Wheatstone natural gas projects, and manages world-class operations and exploration activities.
Chevron Australia recruitment 2017 has an exciting opportunity for Shipping and Marine Communications Officer to join the Marine Operations team. Reporting through the Marine Operations site leadership team, this role will be responsible for ensuring that LNG and condensate exports are undertaken smoothly to the satisfaction of all parties involved.
Job Title: Shipping and Marine Communications Officer
Job Location: Australia
Job Consideration: All countries can apply
This field-based role is initially for a two-year maximum term and will initially commence on Barrow Island on a four weeks on, four weeks off, rotational basis. Transition to the Wheatstone field-based Marine Operations team is likely to take place later in 2017, however the role is intended to provide coverage at both Gorgon and Wheatstone marine terminals as workload dictates.
Key responsibilities include:
- Act as site focal point for information flow around LNG and condensate liftings and manage communications as required between internal and external parties
- Assist in the management of LNG and condensate exports
- Ensure pre and post shipment documentation and reports, including key commercial cargo documents are provided promptly prior, during and after loading as per the lifters instructions and early departure procedure requirements
- Manage front line conflicts or discrepancies between terminal, ship and buyers and escalate issues if required to the Lifting Coordination team
- Maintain information and document links on the marine terminal page of the Chevron website
- Act as the first point of contact for all matters related to marine terminal
- Undertake training and gain competence in the use of relevant monitoring equipment so to be capable of providing monitoring communications covering the movement of all marine vessels in the general vicinity of, and within, the jurisdiction of the marine terminal
- Maintain a record of all communications and activities within the Port associated with the marine terminal
- Ensure the ongoing safety of vessels alongside the marine terminal via ongoing monitoring of the mooring tensions, CCTV and weather forecasting
- Administer the local knowledge exam and pilot exemption certification process on behalf of the Port Authority
- Respond to vessel emergencies at the terminal as required, following established procedures and lines of communication
- Manage vessel operations on activation of the cyclone demobilization process and gather relevant information pertaining to vessel safe havens
- Act as the Port Facilities Security Officer (PFSO) for the marine terminal, as required
- Commitment to health, environment and safety and Chevron best practices
- Demonstrated experience in port control, vessel traffic services or working for a shipping agency
- Previous marine experience in oil and gas, resources, defense or from shipping/port sectors would be highly regarded
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and experience in using web-based tools and databases
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail in coordinating marine and shipping administration
- Customer focused with the ability to manage competing priorities and deadlines in a busy environment
- VHF radio operators license is preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Demonstrated ability to identify and build key relationships that contribute to high-class business results
- Demonstrated commitment to Chevron’s values of integrity, partnership and trust and achieving an incident and injury free environment
In return for these skills, attributes and experience, Chevron Australia will reward you with an exciting role, a competitive salary and a fantastic opportunity to develop your career with one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies. Chevron is proudly recognized as an employer of choice, guided by a vision of diversity and committed to equal employment opportunity.
Application Deadline: Friday 13 January 2017, 3pm WST