EngenderHealth’s vision is a world where sexual and reproductive health rights are respected as human rights, and women and girls have the freedom to reach their full potential. To achieve transformational change leading to true social and economic progress, EngenderHealth partners with diverse organizations across sectors with the shared goals of highlighting women’s value to sustainable development.
Fistula Care Plus (FC+) is a successful maternal health program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) until December 2019. FC+ currently works with partners in Bangladesh, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Mozambique, Niger, Nigeria, and Uganda. Visit www.fistulacare.org and www.EngenderHealth.org to learn more.
|Fistula Care Plus Jobs.|
JOB POSITION SUMMARY:
The Program Associate for Fistula Care Plus under the supervision of Deputy Director will write content for a global health audience and maintain a digital presence across multiple platforms, such as blogs, web page, and social media. The incumbent will support global prevention and treatment activities across six countries including program design, technical assistance, assessing budgetary performance, advocacy efforts, external relations, and knowledge sharing.
This is an associate level union position under EngenderHealth’s collective bargaining agreement with the Office and Professional Employees International Union (OPEIU) Local 153, AFL-CIO and subject to union dues.
JOB POSITION REQUIREMENTS:
Must possess the following requirements with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Master’s Degree in Public Health (MPH), International Development, or related discipline.
- Three (3) years of experience supporting global health projects in sexual, reproductive, and/or maternal health.
- Non-profit experience with global health and donor programs, such as USAID and sub-awards.
- Wrote, copy edited, and produced meeting reports, technical briefs, blog posts, online content, and press releases for a global public health audience.
- Provided technical online platform support, for example maintaining a website, blog, and social media accounts and writing web and social media content (Facebook, Twitter).
- Performed oversight and gatekeeper functions in the development of a work plan to coordinate budget plans, reporting consistency, and technical review validating plans meet quality and compliance requirements.
- Prepared and validated materials for sub-award and contract development terms in accordance with public health compliance regulations.
- Fluency in English, which includes the use of accurate grammar.
- Ability to travel to program and global conference countries based on business need approximately 25% or the equivalent of 13 weeks annually.
JOB POSITION ESSENTIAL SOFT SKILLS:
- Leadership skills to work with autonomy while still being collaborative, prioritize tasks, and positively influence others to meet deliverables.
- Understand and demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Organized, high level of accuracy, and meticulous attention-to-detail.
- Collaboratively shares information and supports colleagues.
- Able to learn the business and fully understand how and why tasks satisfy business needs.
- Ability to synthesize information from multiple sources.
- Adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines seamlessly.
JOB POSITION PREFERRED SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND FUNCTIONS:
- Ability to communicate in French using business and healthcare terminology.
- Experience in the closeout of a global donor-supported program.
- Experience writing for a global health audience in developing countries.
- Experience working with country offices/programs, preferably in Africa or Asia.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Knowledge of the organizational and political climate to solve problems and accomplish goals.
Job Position Disclaimer
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Job Position Estimated Salary: $51,000 - $68,000 a year
Get More Updates!